Friday, April 28, 2006

Marshmallow Gun Toronto

Breathless That makes us human

If someone comes to read these words will surely be wondering what the hell I was exposed to such a trance for a few people who did not know. Some people that if I had encountered before the apocalypse triggered, probably do not even have looked into his face. In short, by people who I do not care. Why now? Why just now in the twilight of our civilization is when their lives took courage for me?

I could not argue my reasons, I will simply say I did what I thought I should do. And why? Because it did not, it surely would have definitely lost what makes us human, and that is all that remains.

undertook the race once again. Just had to cross the street and come to them. Dribbling, turning, sprinting, avoid, bargain. Slipped back into the stream of death that moved awkwardly toward the source of the music they enthralled and upset. My old car was a new wrinkle to the fable of the Pied Piper. Those

terrified survivors did not cease in their attempt to be noticed. Although I should already know about to get to them, not subsided in their efforts to hit the glass doors of the porch of his building, grave error. The stridency that caused brought one of the unnamed siren spell of driving him away from our concerns.

He stood at the gate and directed an inquiring glance toward the lone pair of survivors. He seemed undecided. Follow the wonderful melody, or closer to what it might be a dam that quench their thirst for blood. He was confused and hesitant until they finally rested both hands on the window that separated from a good meal. Letting out a surprised grunt palpable that invisible wall that prevented him from achieving the objects of their desire. She did not understand was what was blocking their advance.

ran crouching to stand behind him, did not seem to have detected my presence. Rags clutched harshly than in the past was the neck of a white flannel shirt, lock your legs with mine and pulled it with all my might on his back. Before giving him time to even know that was what had happened, I jumped over his body lying on the sidewalk finally reaching the entrance of the building.

As they reached the door opened, leaving the hollow just so he could enter the portal and promptly closed behind me. I collapsed on a wall and I bend at the waist resting his hands on his knees, he needed to catch his breath before speaking.

could see them clearly now. We looked astonished the 3 without knowing exactly what to say or do. That was not a situation where one had involved a daily basis. A child was about 8 or 9 years old, dark and thin. The other survivor was a girl about 20, of small stature. He wore a long, dark hair gathered in a ponytail that fell on his back, and a very deep green eyes. Both had a rather unfortunate perhaps even worse than mine. The effects of malnutrition is beginning to be evident in their faces.

- How many are in the building? "I managed to ask between gasps.

- only two of us! "Answered the girl pleading. - We have 2 months here shut up and some days we do not have to eat. Please need help!

His eyes stared at me flooded with despair. Were sincere. They were desperate and needy dramatically. I was convinced then that if he had turned his back would have condemned to a slow and lonely death.

Suddenly the walkie began to crackle in the pocket of my pants. After a thick layer of parasitic noise bothers you could hear a distorted voice that I recognized immediately. Was Natalia.

- Conrad!, Conrad, I get! Answers! He asked anxiously.

"If you listen, I'm ...

- can know where the hell have you been!? "I broke a bundle of nerves.

- Listen! I found two survivors!, "Hear me!?

There was a short break in communication, Nati should be freaking out.

- Where you've seen it? "Where are they?!

- I'm with them now! Do not worry, continue with the plan!, Be with you soon!, "Hear me!? Go ahead!

"Okay, but keep the favor of hurry or I think it will give me something!

- Let there! Short!

sighed deeply. The sudden leave without giving any explanation had to leave my comrades stunned, but there was no time for excuses. I spent my new colleagues looked excited and thankful. After listening to my conversation with Natalia knew he was determined to provide assistance.

"Okay, we 6-I explained to recover his breath - are ensconced in one of the skyscrapers in Companys park, you come with us, but before returning to our shelter have to stock up. For us not much left us. Let's break into the supermarket down the street.

- All that have been mounted to get food? The girl asked, puzzled.

"Yes, it is.

- And the music? "She hesitated.

"That does not matter now. Listen, we have secured the area. I know you must be very weak, but to get there we must cross the street full of undead and go over that car. "I said pointing to the minivan, we can not remove him without a name or we could sneak into. You can do it, do not you?

-Si ... of course. "Answered the girl without much confidence.

"Well ... get ready to go to my signal. "I said I said as I prepared to open the gates of the hall and begin a new career.

studied abroad through the windows, you should wait for the right moment, when opening a clearing in the scrum of the herd large enough to pass through without exposing the neck.

-Like ... What's your name? "I asked the girl to blush.

-Conrad. "I replied without looking away from the street.

"Thanks for ... not abandoned us. "He said with a certain aloofness.

-Agradécemelo when we get home ... if they return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment